AESGP recruits committed and passionate professionals who want to empower self-care and contribute to the sustainability of European healthcare systems. If you are ready for a new challenge, do not hesitate to apply.
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT AESGP: ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
AESGP is the voice of the European Self-Care Industry and represents the manufacturers of non-prescription medicines, food supplements and self-care medical devices. AESGP’s mission is to support everyone in Europe’s access to safe, effective, and sustainable self-care, empowering people to take better care of their own and their family’s health.
AESGP is currently looking for an Environmental Sustainability Manager to join its dynamic team of 10 people. This position is full-time, starting as soon as possible. The candidate will provide advice to AESGP members on policy and regulatory initiatives/developments in the area of environmental sustainability, with a focus on self-care products (non-prescription drugs, food supplements and medical devices).
We offer a convivial working environment in the heart of the European quarter in Brussels and a competitive salary based on your experience. This role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the green transition of the consumer health industry.
- Monitor policy and regulatory initiatives/developments in the field of environmental sustainability.
- Manage the AESGP Sustainability Committee, including organising meetings, calls, leading discussions, drafting meeting minutes, etc.
- In consultation with AESGP members, develop industry positions in relation to the EU Green Deal and related EU policy/legislative initiatives, with a particular focus on:
- Zero Pollution Package (Water legislation updates, Packaging and Packaging Waste legislation)
- Chemical Strategy for sustainability
- Farm to Fork
- In coordination with AESGP members and the AESGP team, engage with EU institutions and other stakeholders, in particular other industry associations, civil society representatives, etc. to communicate industry positions.
- Prepare briefs to the AESGP board on policy and regulatory initiatives/developments in the field of environmental sustainability.
- Support the AESGP team in his/her area of expertise.
- University or post-graduate degree in chemistry, sustainable development, ecotoxicology, environmental policy/law, environmental sciences, ecology, environmental engineering, environmental health, or related fields.
- Candidates ideally should have 1-5 years of experience in a similar role in a governmental organisation, political office, consultancy, trade association or as part of an in-house government affairs/communications team. Young graduates with relevant experience (e.g. internships) are also encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of the current principal issues at the EU level as well as of the EU legislative process and the respective roles of the Commission, Council and Parliament is a plus.
- Candidates should have an excellent command of English and very good written and verbal communication skills. Additional language skills are an asset.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously, assets that are essential to being part of the team.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a brief letter of interest (Subject heading: Application Environmental Sustainability Manager + Your Name) to Jurate Svarcaite, Director General of AESGP. Email: email@example.com
Deadline for completed applications: 28 February 2023.
Please note that applicants may be interviewed on a rolling basis, so it is possible for the position to be filled prior to this deadline. The ideal start date for this position is as soon as possible.
Not matching your profile?
Don’t miss future opportunities: follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of future vacancies.